Thursday, March 19, 2009
Alas, Spring has arrived in Northern Wisconsin
Spring, I think, has finally arrived and the farm smells of a thawing pond and decaying reeds left over from October. I have missed the sun, bare arms and dirt-caked hands and knees. Parsnips are first on the list of garden chores.
As of last weekend, the ground was not soft enough to pull our parsnips from the garden, but I will try again tomorrow. Our original plan was to let the two rows of yummy parsnips sweeten up with the winter frost under a think layer of mulch. Good plan, if we were able to get them out of the ground during the winter, but that didn't happen. So, I am going to attempt to salvage some before they rot in the warming soil.
If so, we will have some sweet and scrumptous curry, soups and maple syrup glazed veggies. Or, we might have to change our strategy for next year. We'll find out soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Gorgeous photos; never knew parsnips could look so sensuous!
ReplyDelete